Monday, September 24, 2012

WOE IS ME! I FELL AGAIN


September 23, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey

Following a busy week, I was taking it easy last Saturday.  Barry bought groceries Saturday morning and then he and friend, Larry went to Dalton to eat lunch at a restaurant, and then do some shopping.
I don't really know why I fell but I landed on the den floor.  I felt myself falling and fell forward against a chair.  I grabbed the arm of the chair.  I remember thinking for a split second that I almost fell and then I sat down hard on the floor.  I didn't have my phone with me and I felt shaken and scared.  I pushed my Life Line alert button I wear on a cord around my neck.  Life Line came on the line and asked if I was hurt.  At that point, I didn't know.  They called Barry on his cell phone.  He and Larry were on their way home.  Barry was scared but I didn't think I was hurt.
He called my Home Health nurse who is on call 24 hours a day.  She came out and checked my vital signs and asked questions.  She didn't think I was hurt.  I have been having pain in my back and bottom where I landed so hard on the floor, but I think I'll feel okay soon.
On Friday night Barry had a small fall in the kitchen and sprained his wrist.  I don't know why we are falling now.  Things are otherwise fine with us and we pray that we won't fall again.  My back and bottom are quite sore and I feel stiff.  I am writing this Sunday night and the therapists will be here tomorrow and I hope I feel better then.
Last Friday, Tam took me to the mall to shop.  I used the Belk gift card and am happy with my purchases.  I was so tired when we got home about noon Tam and I decided to postpone my therapist sessions.  I think I over did it last week and will try to pace myself better this week.
See you next time.
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home