Monday, October 01, 2012

SON BARRY SAYS, "A LITTLE FALL DOESN'T MEAN BEING OLD AND CREAKY"


October 1, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey

Barry was upset when I wrote about his recent fall in the kitchen.  He said readers will think he's "old and creaky."  I assured him that with his busy schedule at his shop and at home nobody would think such a thing.
Barry thinks he fell because he was wearing an old pair of house shoes that had stretched and caused him to stumble.  He has a new pair of house shoes now that fit better so he shouldn't have any more falls.
We've been having gorgeous fall weather and a couple of days last week, my physical therapist took me outside.  In the sunshine, I did my daily walking.  Then one day we sat in patio chairs and I did leg excercises.  It was a pleasant experience.
I am writing this on a rainy Monday morning.  Yesterday, my poor old arthritic knees nearly killed me and I knew rain was coming.  We had tenative plans to eat an early lunch at Dalton's Western Sizzlin.  I really didn't feel like going out but decided to get dressed and make the trip to Dalton.
The lunch was delicious and I enjoyed it but was glad when we returned home.  More rain in the forecast for today.  But as the poet said "into each life some rain will fall."  And we need the rain.
See you next time.
(As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home