Monday, October 29, 2012

NOTES ON PAST WEEK


October 28,2012

By Olivene Godfrey
We "old-timers" refer to the beautiful, warm, weather we had for several days as "Indian Summer".  As I write this we are having a cold snap with strong wind and the days can only be described as a gray winter day.  Cold weather seems to penetrate my old, arthritic bones, and I understand now why so many old people live in warm climates in the winter.
Barry needs to bring the plants into the garage soon.  The Christmas cactus is loaded with buds and should be in bloom for Thanksgiving or sooner.  We plan to move it into my office so we can enjoy it's spectacular beauty.
One recent day, my friend/neighbor, Genevelyn, came over to visit.  I was in my recliner and she kicked off her shoes and made herself comfortable on the couch.  We spent about an hour of "girl talk".  We discussed clothes for one thing.  I told her I wanted a black turtleneck top.  I had one but "out grew" it.  A few days later, Genevelyn came over with a black turtleneck for me.  I offered to pay for it but she insisted it was a gift, and I should just say, "thank you", which I did.
Later, Tam and I were talking about how fortunate I am to have a friend like her.  I'm very lucky with Barry, Tam and Genevelyn looking out for me.  Thanks so much, Guys!
Last week, Tam drove me over to the beauty salon where her daughter is a hair stylist.  Her name is Carrie and as she cut my hair and dried and curled it, I thought that she had "magic fingers".  So does Tam, who does my hair here at the house.  I'm enjoying the shorter hair this week.
One recent day, Tam made chili for Barry, and he took it to work to eat at lunch.  He thought it was delicious.  She's a good cook.
The home health therapists have been giving me intensive balance therapy which really tires me.  I think I only have one more week of therapy.  Since I am able to do the exercises the therapists tell me I have reached my goal.  They think I should be able to go from one room to another without assistance.  I still can't and Barry thinks my nerves are causing my fear.
See you next time.   (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home