Friday, November 16, 2012

COUNTING MY BLESSINGS THIS THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY


November 16, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey

I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving day, including life itself.  I spent several weeks in the hospital with double pneumonia this past spring and was seriously ill.  I was determined to get well and to return to my beloved home.  And with the help of God and prayers of family and friends, and some say a stubborn will, I did come home and am happy as I look forward to my 85th birthday December 10th.
I am also grateful to have Barry, a devoted son, who does so much for me every day.  And, my dear Tam, who has become an integral part of my life, seems to be a gift from God, just when I need her most.
I'm also thankful that Barry has work he enjoys and an employer and co-workers he likes.  And, I'm thankful for my neighbor and friend, Genevelyn, who visits me and does so much for me year round.
Tam has graciously invited Barry and me to share Thanksgiving day dinner with her and her family this year.  We also attended last year's dinner with them at their beautiful home and enjoyed it very much.  We are looking forward to this year's dinner.
I'm also thankful for friends, Larry B. and Jeanette G. and Annie in England, and Kym and my sis, Jeanette and niece Charlene.
I hope each of you have a happy Thanksgiving holiday.  See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home