Tuesday, December 18, 2012

CELEBRATING BARRYS BIRTHDAY AND FLAT TVS NEED "SOUND BAR" AND IN PRAISE OF EGG WHITE SANDWICHES AND PASSING OF GOOD FRIEND


December 18, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey
On son, Barry's birthday, December 14th, we met Tam at Western Sizzlin to celebrate with good food.  As is the practice at the restaurant, Barry's dinner was free.
We were all dressed up and looked pretty snazzy if I do say so myself.  Barry and I planned to take pictures but forgot to do it.
When I'm dining in a noisy restaurant, the sound is magnified since I am hearing impaired.  The mingling of voices slurred is just deafening with my hearing aids, which I need to hear when people speak to me.
Barry  had attended his shop's Christmas dinner the previous night.  And, he said he wasn't going to plan two dinners "back to back" again, as it was too tiring.  Well, none of us are "spring chickens" and we need our rest at night.  We did enjoy the dinner and was pleased that Tam joined us.
Last weekend, Barry bought and installed a "sound bar" for my flat TV in the sitting area of my bedroom.  He says the flat TV's, even expensive ones like he has in his media room, don't have enough space for a good speaker and need sound bars.  I think the TV firms should include sound bars when they are sold.  Before I had mine, the sound was "tiny" but now it is clear and good quality.
I asked Tam a while back if she had ever heard of egg white sandwiches.  To my surprise, she replied that she made them for her two granddaughters.  When I was a child, I didn't like the egg yolks and my late mother would make egg white sandwiches for me.  So, now Tam makes them for me.  I was surprised when the USA Weekend magazine featured an unusual egg white sandwich recipe recently.
As I write this, I have just heard that a dear friend and former newspaper colleague passed away this morning.  Ruth Cox was a lovely lady and a talented writer and will be greatly missed.  I will comment on this in more detail soon.
Merry Christmas!
See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home