Monday, November 26, 2012

TAM'S THANKSGIVING DINNER TASTY AND FRIGID COLD WEATHER ARRIVES IN NORTHWEST GEORGIA AND GOOD DOCTOR'S REPORT


November 26, 2012

By Olivene Godfrey

Tam's Thanksgiving dinner was served about the middle of the afternoon.  So, we were able to see more of the family compound this year.  Barry and I attended Tam's dinner last year at the end of the day.  And this year the dinner was delicious again.  Tam's chocolate cake was sinfully delectable.  She said her daughter, Carrie, helped cook the dinner.
Tam has a cozy efficiency apartment in her dad's house and she showed Barry and myself around.  We met her pet dog, Sadie, which is some kind of golden retriever mix.
After dinner, Tam's 8 year old granddaughter, Hallie, took Barry on a tour of the family compound in their golf cart.  He was impressed with the swimming pool with it's picket fence and rose bushes and the dressing room, decks, etc., and also Tam's dad's large shop.  Tam pointed out the homes of her daughter, Carrie and family and her son, Corey, and his wife Angela, to us.
Carrie's husband, Marlon, cooked the delicious deep fried turkey.  I had never eaten deep fried turkey before and I liked it very much.
I also want to mention that Tam's 13 year old granddaughter, Hannah, is a little beauty!
As I write this a cold front is moving in and the temperature is suppose to drop down in the 20s tonight.  This cold weather causes my arthritic knees to hurt almost more than I can bear.  I've been using the "TENS" electrical treatment which gives me some temporary relief.
I had an appointment with my primary care doctor last week for a check up.  Everything checked out fine which caused Barry to ask why I complain so much about my aches and pains.  I think the doctor thinks that is just part of being 85 years old, which I don't like at all!
See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home