Thursday, January 10, 2013

I HAD BOOSTER SHOT FOR MY ANEMIA TUESDAY AND RANDOM THOUGHTS


January 10, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey
I had a booster shot for my anemia Tuesday and hope to feel stronger soon.  Last week I told you that since I was diagnosed with inflammation and chronic disease anemia I had been having a blood test each month.
Last year I had a blood transfusion which gave me a lot of energy.  I have continued to have a blood test every month.  Recently, I had little energy and I had a blood test and I was eligible for a booster shot.  I had a communication problem with my primary care doctor and blood doctor's offices.  But, it was solved and Tuesday I was given a booster shot and an appointment with the very nice blood doctor.
It will take a while for me to start feeling chipper again and I look forward to being my old self, with a lot of energy.
We are having a lot of rain which is suppose to be with us off and on for the next week.  I need a haircut but guess I'll need to wait for a dry day.  Tam's daughter, Carrie, is a hair stylist in Dalton and she gives me really good haircuts.
During the recent Christmas holiday, Tam brought us a goodie bag of delicious "fattening" sweets.  Also, my sis, Jeanette gave us a container of her famous chocolate fudge.  I tried to restrain myself, but I just had to "sample" some of the goodies.  And, my weight at the doctor's office is bothering me.  I don't eat a lot of food but lately I haven't been exercising.  When I regain my energy, I am making a resolution to start working out again.
One afternoon recently my neighbor and friend, Genevelyn, and her beau, Troy paid me a nice visit.  I was talking about being 85 years old and that I had lived through a lot of history.  And Troy asked me about the Great Depression in the 1930's.  I lived with my family in Chattanooga at that time.  We were more fortunate than a lot of people as my daddy had a job.  I know now he and my mother had financial problems but my sisters and I never felt poor.
See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home