Friday, January 04, 2013

TEST REVEALS I NEED BOOSTER SHOT FOR MY ANEMIA BUT, WHEN?


January 4, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey
For several weeks I had noticed that I seemed to be moving in slow motion and I didn't have much energy.  Barry and Tam were obviously worried about my lack of energy.
Since I was diagnosed with inflammation and chronic disease anemia I had been having a blood test each month.  And most months, I was eligible for booster shots.  Then, medicare changed their anemia guidelines and only the most advanced cases of anemia were eligible for the shots.  Then last year I had to have a blood transfusion which gave me a lot of energy.  I have continued to have a blood test every month.
Then, recently, I have had little energy.  Barry and Tam had noticed my lack of energy and weakness and feebleness.  I had a blood test last week which revealed that I am eligible for a booster shot.
Later the offices of my primary care doctor and my blood doctor seem to be having communication problems.  It is Friday and I still don't have an appointment for a booster shot for my anemia.  So, I guess I'll be taking it easy for the upcoming weekend.
See you next time...  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home