Thursday, February 07, 2013

TV POLKA SHOW EVOKES MEMORY OF A LONG AGO TIME WHEN I PLAYED A BIG ACCORDION ON RADIO SHOW

February 6, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey
The TV show on RFD TV which stars Mollie B and her accordion, playing polkas, reminds me of a time long ago when I was billed as the "Little Girl with the Big Accordion".
One of my favorites to play was Bear Barrel Polka.  I was a member of a group of children who starred on a Chattanooga radio station's show on Friday afternoons.
I was a tiny girl and my daddy bought the huge accordion for me.  I could play the piano and the accordion was easy for me.  I would have a nervous stomach before the show went on the air and my mother would give me a dose of the "pink stuff".  Those were the days!
We recently had a brief snowfall.  The snow was pretty as it fell but we were relieved when the sun came out and melted it.  It was cold so I used the electric throw Barry gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago and it was warm and cozy.
I saw my doctor for a check-up this week, and we discussed some of my recent problems.  As I write this, I am waiting for a call from the doctor's office to notify me of a CAT scan appointment.  More on this subject later.
I have started taking the supplement COQ10 which my doctor told me to take and I think it has already given me more energy.
See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home