Friday, February 15, 2013

EYELID SURGERY POSSIBILITY FOR ME AGAIN AND SOME THOUGHTS ON BEING TOO BIG FOR YOUR BRITCHES


February 14, 2013



By Olivene Godfrey

Some of you may remember that about this time last year, I was preparing to have eyelid surgery for my droopy lids which were interfering with my vision.  But, I came down with double pneumonia and was very ill for about a month.  Then I was recuperating for several months.

As I write this, I'm still having difficulty seeing and reading or watching TV.  I think my left eye is worse than it was a year ago.  I have an appointment with my eye doctor in a few days for a complete eye exam and to discuss the possibility of having the surgery soon.

My primary care doctor thinks I should have the surgery.  And, one of the home health nurses told me I would look like a raccoon from the swelling and bruising for about a week.  My neighbor/friend, Genevelyn's beau, Troy recently had the surgery and told me there wasn't any pain during or after the surgery.  But you need ice packs on your eyes for 48 hours to keep from swelling too much.

I wouldn't consider the surgery only for cosmetic reasons, but I'm tired of not being able to see well.  I'll tell you more after I see the eye doctor.

Like a lot of women, I have several sizes of clothes, especially pants.  Tam has been hemming some of my pants which are too long.  She found some pants in a closet that I had forgotten about and hemmed them.  I have been wearing them at home.  And, believe me, if your largest size pants are too tight, well, you're in trouble!  I've started exercising again.  Tam knows I don't eat a lot and believes I've gained weight because I'm not very active now.

See you next time  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home