Monday, April 15, 2013

PLANS UNDERWAY FOR "NEW" BATHROOM AND THOUGHTS ON THE PAST WEEK


April 15, 2013



By Olivene Godfrey

Son Barry and I had been discussing for some time having my bathroom remodeled.  My recent fall and near fall prompted Barry to remodel as soon as possible.  In a few days, Barry will have an estimate for the remodeling from a contractor.  We know it will be expensive but its important that the bathroom will be safe for me.

In my last blog, I wrote that I enjoy life and want to live as long as possible.  I had a comment from my long time friend, Jeanette Greeson in which she said that she, too, loves life and that life is good despite aches and pains of aging.  Her words reminded me of author, Edna Ferber who wrote that everything that had ever happened to her had been "sheer velvet."  For years, I couldn't understand her words.  But as I look back over the past decades of my life, I understand now.  And I thank God for my 85 years and the time I have left to live.

We have a new washing machine that has a computer in it.  And, Barry and Tam enjoy doing laundry now.  At first, Barry did all the laundry as he was "experimenting" how the machine worked.  Finally, he said Tam could use it.  Afterward, Tam said she was jealous and wanted one like it.  They are keeping all the laundry done each day.  I hope the novelty lasts.

I will be given a date for my eye-lid surgery shortly, and will let you know soon.

See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home