Thursday, May 16, 2013

FRESH FLOWERS WARM MY HEART, COLDS, KNEE TREATMENT AND DOCTOR VISIT


May 16, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

Last year, Tam, gave me a knock out red rose bush.  Barry planted it in the front yard and took care of it with help from Tam.  Now it's blooming it's heart out and Barry has been cutting the beautiful roses and putting them in vases in my bedroom suite and on the dining room table.  Then, today Tam brought me a lovely, delicate bouquet of white peonies from her garden.  I'm really enjoying the fresh flowers and they warm my heart.

Barry, Tam and I are still feeling bad from what appears to be a cold or allergies.  I started wheezing last week, scaring myself and the home health workers.  These  nurses and a therapist, along with my primary care doctor and her nurse all went into action to try to prevent the pneumonia I had a year ago that kept me in the hospital for a long stay from reoccurring.  I'm still taking the breathing treatments with my nebulizer several times a day, and they seem to be helping.  But, I'm still not feeling chipper.  Part of my problem is my COPD and my Anemia which are acting up, too.

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow and may have another shot in my knees, also she will check my breathing.  I had a chest x-ray last week and will also discuss that.

Later:  Tam drove me to my doctor's clinic yesterday and a lot was accomplished and planned for the future.  My eye lid surgery is scheduled in three weeks and I've had to stop taking aleve for my arthritis and fish oil supplements.  Following the surgery, I will begin a plan with my doctor regarding my breathing problem (COPD).  The knee treatment didn't work for me.  So, I was given cortisone shots which I hope will help with the pain.  She also decided to prescribe antibiotics for my chest congestion.

See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home