Friday, May 03, 2013

GREEN LUSH SCENERY AND NEW BATHROOM FINISHED AND THOUGHTS ON GROWING OLD


May 2, 2013



By Olivene Godfrey

This spring we are having lots of rain and the trees and foliage are the greenest green we've ever seen.  Unfortunately, all of this spring weather and high pollen count is rough for we allergy sufferers.  I take prescription medication for my allergies and it has kept me from having bad allergy attacks, until the contract workers had to have the door open as they remodeled my bathroom.

And, speaking of my new bathroom, the workers finished the work yesterday, and I am enjoying using the new bathroom.  And, Barry is glad to have his bathroom back, and I'm happy being in my own bathroom, too.

As I write this, I'm waiting on Tam to arrive so I can try out the shower.  Since I fell in the old bathtub recently, I've been traumatized to the point that I've had to ask Tam to assist me in the shower.

It's depressing to become old and need to ask younger people to assist me in so many ways.  For instance, I can't do any cooking any more, and Barry does a wonderful job preparing our meals.  Until recently I made a detailed grocery list for Barry.  I also typed the list.  Now, Barry does this chore, too.  I tell myself, I did all the cooking, house cleaning, and family shopping and more over the years and it's nice to be retired.  But, I still feel worthless some days.  Tam, bless her, does so much for us, and we wonder how we managed before she came into our lives.

Since I had to stay in the den while the contract workers were here, I missed my cozy bedroom suite (my bathroom adjoins the bedroom and sitting area).  Barry and Tam are still in the process of putting things back in order in the bedroom and bathroom.  Barry put enough personal things back in the bathroom to make it seem like my bathroom and not a hotel bathroom.

Tam just came in with a perfect, beautiful red rose she picked this morning from her rose garden.

See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home