Friday, May 31, 2013

SPRING BUSTING OUT ALL OVER HERE, GOOD NEIGHBOR, GENEVELYN, MOVES TO TOWN AND SIS JEANETTE IS A STEEL MAGNOLIA AND EYE-LID SURGERY SET IN A FEW MORE DAYS

May 31, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

We've had so much rain and periods of sunshine this year and Spring is busting out all over here in northwest Georgia.  Barry recently bought baskets of impatiences and mini petunias for the patio and plans to buy marigold potting plants for the large containers on the patio this weekend.  The house plants that were moved outdoors are perking up, too.  The huge cactus plant is about to burst into bloom because of the cool nights and warm sunshiny days.

My good friend, Genevelyn, who has been a wonderful neighbor for a number of years, has sold her farm and home which is across the road and has bought a nice house in Chatsworth where she's now living.  She visited Tam and I one day this week and she brought me a bouquet of huge pink roses from her yard which is a thing of beauty.  I'll miss her but she will be visiting us and we hope to see her new home soon.

My sister, Jeanette, had serious eye surgery in Atlanta this week and I talked to her on the phone yesterday and she was doing fine.  She's had so many surgeries and personal tragedies in her life and is a tough lady.  A real Steel Magnolia!

I'm recovering, I hope from my bad cold or whatever the sickness it is, and have an appointment tomorrow with my doctor and hope for some relief.  I will write more after I've been to the doctor.

Later:  Tam drove me to my primary care doctor's clinic yesterday.  The x-rays I had recently showed that my COPD is worse which I suspected.  More on this later.  

My eye-lid surgery is set up for this coming week.  My doctor says it should improve the quality of my life, and she doesn't think I'll have any problems.  Please pray for me and I hope to be back with you soon.

See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home