Wednesday, June 12, 2013

EYE DOCTOR PLEASED WITH MY CONTINUED RECOVERY OF EYE-LID SURGERY

June 12, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

Yesterday, son, Barry drove Tam and myself to the surgeon's clinic to have an exam and stitches removed from the blepharoplasty (eye-lid surgery) that I had last week.

The eye doctor was well pleased with the aftermath recovery I am having.  While I think I still look awful he said I "look great," to my relief.  He thinks the discoloration will be about gone in a couple of weeks.  The removal of the stitches was painful but didn't take long , thank goodness!  I return to the clinic in six weeks.  I am having some difficulty reading the paper but that is supposed to clear up soon.

When we returned home, the Home Health Nurse was waiting for us.  So, she took my vital signs, which were perfect.  After lunch, my former neighbor, Genevelyn, and her friend, Troy came to visit awhile with me.  Troy recently had the eye-lid surgery and we compared notes.  Genevelyn brought me a bouquet of flowers from her garden.  She is loving her new home but we miss having her across the road.

Last week, Barry bought a compact portable refrigerator for my bedroom suite which I'm keeping drinks in.  Genevelyn kids me that I am "spoiled rotten" which I agree and I'm loving it!

See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home