Friday, June 21, 2013

PREPARING E-BOOK FOR PUBLICATION

June 21, 2013

By Olivene Godfrey

Since Tam is working in the final stages of having my novel, Seasons, ready for publication as an e-book, people who know I write fiction have asked if I've been influenced by one or more author's writing style.

I admire several authors work.  But, the first author's work to impress me as a girl were novels of the late Kathleen Norris.  She wrote many popular romance novels that some considered sentimental and honest in their prose.  She was the highest paid female writer of her time, and many of her novels are held in high regard today.  She was born in 1880 and died in 1966 in San Francisco, California.  She began her career as a newspaper writer in her home city.

My novel, Seasons, could be described as a "coming of age story,"although the characters are older.  I asked Tam to describe the novel and she said, "It's a sweet love story," and each of my novels have featured a "love story" no matter the theme.  I'm hoping to have Seasons published in printed books also, soon.

I'm still enjoying the portable refrigerator Barry bought me recently.  When I was a girl, my best friend and I would put Mounds candy bars in the refrigerator until they were almost frozen and they were delicious.  Barry has been keeping some Mounds in my refrigerator and I sure am enjoying the treat.

See you next time.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home