Friday, July 01, 2016

YEARLY EYE EXAM

July 1, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

After a good nights sleep, I'm still tired.  The reason is that I spent what seemed like hours having my yearly eye exam at Professional Eye Associates, in Dalton, Georgia yesterday.  I was one of the first patients when the facility opened many years ago when I was a young woman.  I've had eye exams there most years except during the 4 years when my late husband, Ralph and I lived in Florida.

Tam drove me to the facility and stayed with me while we were there.  Following the exam, came the dreaded and hated, for me, dilation.  Afterwards, I was "out of it".  When the doctor, my third since I've been using them, examined my eyes with his equipment, he had good news for me.

My eyes, he said, are pretty good for an 88 year old person.  One eye is 20/30 and the other is 20/25.  My eyes are free of any disease and I only need reading glasses.  My old glasses weren't quite as strong as they need to be which caused my eyes to hurt if I wore them too long.  I only need the lense changed as my frames are still good.  They will be ready in about a week.

This is July 1st and the country is preparing to celebrate the 4th.  I hope you all have a good holiday.  Barry and I plan to stay at home and grill 2 Omaha filet mignon steaks, and take it easy.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Mack said...

That is so amazing that your eyes are in such good shape! My eyes are definitely not as wonderful as yours being that I'm very near-sighted. My prescriptions are at -9.00/-10.00. The doctors told me my eyes have not changed much in the past 2 years, so they have remained at the same prescription for a couple of years now. It's always a joy to hear great news about something as precious as your eyes!

September 20, 2016 at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home