Tuesday, May 31, 2016

THE DRESS

May 31, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

I am writing this entry in a blog on this Sunday before Memorial day.

I had a good day this past Friday when Tam drove us in her car to the beauty shop in Dalton, Georgia where her daughter, Carrie, a hair stylist works.

Before I write much more, I need to tell you about "The Dress".  I bought it on an impulse.  I liked it, a "gypsy" style in orange and red brilliant colors, but I was afraid the dress was too young for me.

On Friday, Tam drove us to the beauty shop and I wore "The Dress".  I was nervous as I haven't been outside in a few months.  When Tam and I entered the beauty shop, Carrie and another hair stylist, Kim, greeted us with compliments about "The Dress".  Tam told them I was afraid "The Dress" was too young for me and they assured me it wasn't "too young".  I enjoyed going to the beauty shop but it's a tiring experience for me.  It's difficult for me to get in and out of a car.  I know it's tiring for Tam, too, also for Barry when he takes me out.  I am enjoying my pretty short haircut today.  Carrie's magical fingers does wonders with my hair.

Barry and I are planning to "cook out" Omaha filet mignons tomorrow (Memorial day).

In June, Tam and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary!  I would be lost without her, and hope I never will be.  She is a wonderful caregiver and personal assistant and more.

Tuesday:  Barry and I had a good Memorial day yesterday.  We grilled Omaha filet mignon steaks and they were delicious, as usual.  We don't eat steaks unless it is a special occasion.

I didn't sleep much last night.  I had trouble falling to sleep.  I had slept a lot over the holiday weekend and wasn't sleepy last night.  Barry and I started our day at 5:30 am and should be sleepy at our bedtime tonight.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home