Monday, April 11, 2016

HOOKED ON STARBUCKS

April 11, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

I was never a true coffee lover until Barry introduced me to Starbucks brew, and I was "hooked".

Recently, my primary care doctor prescribed a new breathing nebulizer treatment.  It works wonderful but makes me extremely nervous.  That medicine along with the caffeine in my coffee was too much for my nervous system.

I had been drinking coffee only on weekend mornings and could handle that.  But, I enjoyed it so much I started drinking a large cup every morning. And then I thought I would need to cut out the coffee.

As Barry has said, I am 88 years old and I have very few things I can enjoy any more.  So, he bought me a bag of caffeine free Starbucks coffee.  I tried a cup Sunday morning and liked it.  So far my stomach or nerves haven't bothered me.

Several years ago, I started drinking Gatorade in the mornings for my IBS.  Then, Barry had trouble locating the flavor I like.  I tried different ones and one recent day it caused me to be nauseated, and I vomited.  Barry searched and found the one I like.  They are only available in a large size.  So, he bought two small water bottles.  He will fill them for me as needed and keep them in the refrigerator.  I hope they will solve the problem.

Barry is such a good son and I tell him there must be a special place in heaven for people like him.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home