Wednesday, February 17, 2016

OLD TREASURES

February 17, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

Just a whiff of memory can send you on a nostalgia trip.  This happened to me recently.  Barry had the TV in my room on which was showing available movies and I spotted a movie of my favorite childhood book, Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott.  I plan to watch this movie soon.  The famous book was given to me by a friend for my birthday in 1936.

I read the book over the years many times.  But, I didn't know the location of the book in my office library.  I asked Tam to try to find the book.  She found it after a short search.  The hard cover book is still in good condition with 630 pages.

While Tam was looking for my book she also found some old treasures I had saved - a World War II ration book, a 1944 high school football game ticket, and an autograph book of 1939 which was interesting to say the least.

I have a large metal filing cabinet in my office which holds a lot of article research papers and more.  The large space above held an old scrapbook and some very old books.  I had been planning to clean the cabinet out but, I never did.  So Tam decided to take on the job.  She's still in the process but making progress.  She's had about half a dozen bags of shredded documents.

To move back to the present, Barry recently purchased a beautiful new stainless steel sink for our kitchen.  We had it installed and it dominates that part of the kitchen.  The old porcelain sink had became rusty and looked awful.  Barry is really proud of it and so am I.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home