Monday, December 28, 2015

COMPLIMENTS ARE APPRECIATED

December 28, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

Everyone likes to receive compliments and I especially feel warm in my heart by one I received last week.  It was from a person who signed the name, Sohini Sarker.  The message read of my recent birthday blog, Another Birthday, that it is "simple and beautiful."  Thanks Sohini Sarker.

For some time, Barry has had a cyst on his left wrist.  He has seen two doctors with no help.  He said it is painful.  I gave him an inexpensive birthday gift that has helped it a lot.  It's a hand exercise ball for squeezing that helps develop isolated finger strength and more.

Barry is a talented guitar player but he had to stop playing because of the intense pain.  After using the exercise ball he is playing the guitar again which is like a small miracle.  I have used a foam exercise ball for arthritis in my hands for some time.

A few days ago I watched the recorded Dolly Parton movie, "Coat of Many Colors", and enjoyed it very much.  Barry told me this is the first of these movies about the singer's life.

My new novel to be published soon is a story told against the backdrop of the North Georgia carpet industry.  The theme is divorce and how it affects every family member.  I plan to print the first chapter of the novel in my blog space soon.  The title is "The Bend In The Road."

Barry's Christmas gift to me was an Amazon Fire Stick.  It takes content from the Internet and displays it on your TV.  Tam gave me a pretty beige cardigan sweater that is long and has two pockets.  She said it is for me to wear at home on chilly days.  It feels wonderful.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home