Monday, December 14, 2015

88th BIRTHDAY

December 14, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

My 88th birthday (Thursday, December 10th) was an enjoyable day.  The day started off with some comments from Facebook on the Internet.  The lovely comments warmed my heart.

Barry gave me a stylish large gold watch.  I have a small, gold Seiko watch that my late husband, Ralph, gave me for Christmas one year.  The watch still works fine.  But, with my old eyes, the tiny numbers are difficult to read.

Tam gave me two pairs of leggings (one beige and one black) to help keep me warm.  They will go well with my long winter dresses.

Barry's birthday is Monday (December 14th).  Barry is hard to buy a gift for as he usually buys things he wants.  I thought of a small, but useful item which Tam picked up for me to give to him.  I haven't mentioned it to Barry so it will be a surprise.

Barry has been playing Christmas music on his super stereo while we eat meals in the dining room.  We are trying to get the spirit of the holiday.  Maybe it will happen yet.

Monday morning:
Today is Barry's birthday.  I've been thinking of his various past birthdays.  At each birthday I've remembered precious memories.  When did I love him most?  The answer is NOW, always now.  Happy Birthday, Barry!

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sohini Sarker said...

I came here almost by accident. I was searching for a column by Ruskin Bond, who happens to be my favourite writer. And it is called Musings from the Mountains. And your blog was in one of the search results. I will have to say, I am happy that I ran into your blog. Each post is very, very beautiful. Simple and beautiful. Happy Belated Birthday.

December 18, 2015 at 5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home