Monday, November 23, 2015

WEEKEND HIGHLIGHTS

November 23, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

Here in Georgia's high country there's a nip of winter in the air.  Today (Saturday) the sun is bright but it's quite chilly.  I'm wrapped up in the luxurious throw my niece, Charlene Norton gave me for Christmas last year.

Last week Tam brought crocheted leg warmers for my birthday.  Her daughter, Carrie, crocheted them for Tam to give to me.  Carrie is a talented hair stylist as well.

Since I can't hear well on the telephone, I asked Tam to call my sister-in-law, Agnes, who lives in Northeast Georgia.  I haven't seen her in several years.  I gave Tam a list of questions to ask her.  Agnes is a year or two older than me, but is in perfect health.  She still lives alone and is still driving her car.  She also walks every day and mows her own yard.  Agnes never smoked cigarettes or drank alcohol.  She has two sons, John and Brian who still work at their crafts.  She has several grandchildren and three great grandchildren.  Agnes's beloved husband, Alvin, passed away a number of years ago.  They lived in Florida for many years.  During those years my late husband, Ralph (Agnes's brother) and I spent several years in Florida also.  We enjoyed playing rook and having picnic's and riding in Alvin's boat during those years.

Sunday:  I have felt awful since I got up this morning.  I felt like I had a virus but Barry checked all my vital signs and everything is normal.  I have been sneezing all morning and have "doctored" myself.  I had an upset stomach all night.  I hope I feel better soon.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

Monday update:  Olivene's doctor was called and they are calling in a prescription for her.  Please keep her in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home