Tuesday, November 17, 2015

WANDERING THOUGHTS

November 17, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

As I rest in my sitting room, I am letting my thoughts wander.  Tam arrived at 9 am.  She helped me take a shower and get dressed in comfortable clothes.  I had read the morning newspaper before Tam came.  Tam had an appointment at Gordon Hospital at Calhoun, Georgia for a medical test in the afternoon.  She prepared a tasty lunch for me and served it in my sitting room on a TV table before she left.  I have been meditating in my recliner.  I wish I could tell you I've been having profound thoughts.

The truth is that my mind has been flicking from one simple thought to another.  I have thoughts about Thanksgiving day which is almost here and Christmas just around the corner.  I recently ordered a gift for myself.  A corduroy long dress which I plan to wear Christmas no matter how we spend the day.

Also, Barry and I have birthdays soon.  Mine is December 10th and Barry's is December 14th.  He was my birthday gift that year, and was the best gift I'd ever had.

Barry and I plan to stay at home on Thanksgiving day with Barry cooking our turkey dinner.  We're grateful for our wonderful home, and Tam is high on my list of favorite people.  I thank God every day for Barry and Tam.  I am truly blessed.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home