Tuesday, September 22, 2015

OUR FANCY DINING EXPERIENCE

September 22, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

I had an appointment with my primary care doctor yesterday.  To sum it up, the doctor gave me a good report.  The lab report showed that everything is fine.  While the doctor was leaving the room, I said to Tam, "If the report is so good, why don't I feel like dancing around the room?  Tam laughed and answered, "It might be because you're 87 years old."  A young woman, taking notes, laughed, too.  Dang it!  Why can't I feel chipper anymore!

As Tam and I entered the doctor's office an elderly woman stepped up in front of me and said, you look exactly like my mother.  Then she asked if I knew her.  I replied I didn't.  She said she might have been adopted, and I might be her mother.  Then she walked away.  It takes all kinds of people.

Our mishappen pear tree is usually loaded with pears now, but a flock of crows which I think are wicked looking ate every single pear.  Barry and I had a busy past weekend.  We went to Walgreen's and had flu shot's.  While we were at Walgreen's I bought birthday cards for Tam and my sister, Jeanette.  They both have birthdays in October.  I also purchased a gift for Tam.

Barry has been playing music on his super stereo system while we eat supper at night in the dining room.  He says it's like we are dining in a fancy restaurant.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home