Tuesday, September 08, 2015

KNOWLEDGE IS KEY

September 8, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

I am a type 2 Diabetic and last week, Tam and I were home alone.  I also have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and was having a spell.  Then, later, my vision was blurring which scared Tam half to death.  I drank some low calorie Gatorade which helped with my vision.  Later, during the weekend, I was here alone while Barry went to the grocery store for a short time.  While I was sitting here, my eyes started blurring again.  I was scared to walk across the room to get my Gatorade out of my small refrigerator.  I happened to remember Barry and Tam keep small candy bars in a dish on my table.  I ate a bar and my vision cleared.  I told Barry about it when he returned.  He found information on the internet.  The article said that people who carefully manage the condition which I do by diet, can have this condition.  The article listed that the diabetic should be given 15 grams of quickly digesting carbohydrates.  I have copies of Barry's research which I'm giving to Tam so she will know how to assist me if this happens again.  I see my primary care doctor in a couple of weeks and will discuss this with her then.

Barry bought a new coffee maker that makes more than a couple of cups of coffee for us.  He filled a thermos bottle of Starbucks coffee for me before leaving for work.  I really enjoyed it.

On Labor day, we stayed at home and Barry grilled two Omaha filet mignon steaks for us.  He baked potatoes and we ate a feast fit for royalty.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home