Thursday, November 12, 2015

I'M NOT A FAN OF COLD WEATHER

November 12, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

On a recent day, Tam drove me to the hearing center where I was fitted with hearing aids a few years ago.  It was my final visit on my warranty.  It just happened to be a cold fall day.  I wore a warm sweat suit which felt good.

We had a consultation with the very nice audiologist.  She examined my hearing aids and one needed to be returned to the manufacturer.  As a result, I'm only wearing one of the aids which affects my hearing.  The aid should be returned in two weeks, which is uncomfortable for me.  But, I did want to have it repaired before Christmas.

The cold spell we're having has my aching old bones giving me discomfort.  I understand why seniors who can spend the winter in warmer climates.

The weather will be even colder as the weekend arrives, says the weatherman.  Barry brought the patio plants inside just in time.  The holiday cactus is gorgeous.  All of the plants had to be pruned as they had grown so big.

I hope tomorrow (Friday), my favorite day, won't be too bad.  I start Friday with the nice breakfast prepared by Barry and finished with my coffee in my favorite china cup.  Tam shampoo's and sets my hair.  And after a rest, Barry prepares our fish supper.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home