Thursday, October 22, 2015

MY FAVORITE MONTH

October 22, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

When I awoke this morning, I remembered I hadn't written a blog this week.  Barry and I ate breakfast and he packed his lunch and did his many chores, and then he left for work.

Now I am in my recliner in my sitting room sipping on my coffee, waiting for Tam who arrives on weekday mornings at 9 am.  I am writing my thoughts.

October is my favorite month of the year with it's bright blue sky and Indian Summer.  The leaves are just beginning to turn scarlet, yellow and burgundy before falling to the ground.  Our house is situated at the top of a mountain foothill and we have a magnificent view.

In my old age, I am more comfortable wearing long dresses summer and fall.  I have a few "nice ones" such as a denim dress with the bodice trimmed in embroidery, that I wear on rare days when I leave the house.  Tam says we need to buy some leggings for days when I leave the house.  On cold days I might wear them at home.  I have a walk-in closet with many pairs of slacks that I just don't find comfortable now.

Tam is in the process of having medical tests and when the tests are over I pray that she will be given a good report.  I can't do without her.  She is such a jewel.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home