Tuesday, September 29, 2015

ACHING OLD BONES

September 29, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

Barry and I are still enjoying drinking our Starbucks coffee at breakfast on our long weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).  We don't have enough time through the week to sit and enjoy our coffee since Barry is preparing our breakfast and packing his lunch for work.  So, Barry brews enough coffee for his thermos mug to carry to work with him and my insulated container to enjoy as I prepare myself for the day.  The weekends are special as we leisurely drink our coffee in china cups.

Tam wasn't able to come to the house this past Friday, she was sick.  We really missed her.  She does so much for me.  I can never thank her enough.  She came on Monday even though she wasn't feeling her usual energetic self.  She shampooed and set my hair with the curling iron while she was here.

The humid weather is causing my old bones to ache, especially my knees.  I haven't been able to find anything to bring relief.  I've had injections which had gave no relief from the almost unbearable pain.  I've taken two Aleve tablets today, which my doctor says is my limit.  I also have heated thermal pads resting on my knees.  I would scream if I thought it would stop my pain.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home