Monday, October 12, 2015

LOOKING LIKE A SHAGGY DOG

October 12, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

I am writing this at the end of a lazy Sunday.  I've not accomplished a single thing - just taking it easy, today.  I haven't felt chipper, just a blah day.  I have had an IBS spell which left me feeling weak.  I haven't felt like walking much.  My doctor has told Barry and Tam to make me walk with my walker all the time now.  The doctor should be happy at my next visit.  I'm going to report that Barry and Tam are making me walk to the dining room even if I'm at death's door.  Just kidding about that but my legs do ache and feel tired after my walk.  The doctor told me I need to walk every day so I'll be able to continue to walk in the future.  I am almost 88 years old so I'm fortunate to be able to still walk, I know.  But, riding in the wheel chair feels so good.

I'm needing a haircut and Tam will make me an appointment with her daughter, Carrie, this week.  It's odd but my hair continues to look good for about six weeks and then I get up one day and I look like a shaggy dog.  My hair is a mess today.  It's clean but the set with the curling iron that Tam gave me a few days ago has "fallen".

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home