Monday, November 30, 2015

DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS

November 30, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

On this last day of bleak, cold weather in November, here in Northwest Georgia, I am finding some time to write my blog.  After a four day Thanksgiving holiday, Barry was glad to return to work today.

I've been recuperating from a "bug" that seems to be affecting most all of us.  I'm still taking an antibiotic that seems to be helping.

I had a serendipity Saturday when Tam interrupted her holiday to come over to help me take a shower.  With my remodeled bathroom, I'm not nervous taking a shower while seated on my bath chair.  But, standing up makes me very nervous.  So, when Tam isn't here, I just "sponge" off.  Tam also brought us one of her delicious cherry cheesecakes.

Tam will, if all goes well, come over today.  We need her as my desk is covered with stuff for her to take care of for us.  I guess I've been sounding like a broken record, but Tam is a jewel.

Yesterday, Barry put up an artificial Christmas tree which has it's lights already on it.  He got out a few decorations.  In the past, we often had a real tree but it was a hassle to put them up.  Tam usually gets out the decorations for our small tree.

Unfortunately, my holiday ended with a scary panic attack Sunday.  All my vital signs were perfect, including my blood sugar.  I don't think there is a cure for panic attacks.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home