Monday, February 01, 2016

FEBRUARY AGAIN

February 1, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

I am writing this on the last day of January, 2016.  Yesterday, Barry saw a flock of robin's on our front yard, a sign (perhaps) that we'll have an early spring.  First, we have to get through February, which in the past, hasn't been a good month for me.

My beloved daddy, passed away unexpectedly at the age of 65 in February.  I've read that more elderly people die during the month of February than at any other month.  Since I'm 88 years old that makes me uneasy.  And a few years ago I was very ill with pneumonia and was hospitalized for several days in February.

I am going to continue to pray and be very careful that I survive through February.  I'll think positive and look forward to a beautiful spring.  In the spring and summer our yard, thanks to my late husband, looks like a pretty park.  Barry stays busy with his yard work and keeps it looking lovely.

I wrote recently that Barry had been exercising his wrist and arm due to a cyst on his wrist with a tension ball I gave him for his December birthday.  The result has been amazing.  He is now able to play his guitar again without pain.  It's good to hear his guitar blues coming from his media room.

These tension exercise balls develop finger, hand and forearm strength, flexibility and coordination.  I have two balls and use them regularly for my arthritic hands and they seem to be helping them.

I received a nice New Year's card from my Aunt Willowdean who is ten years older than me and her daughter, Lillian Ann.  They live on historic Missionary Ridge in Chattanooga, Tennessee, in a beautiful home.

I have a trip to Calhoun, Georgia this week to see my blood doctor.  Barry will be taking me and the trip is always very tiring for me.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home