Friday, February 05, 2016

OUR TRIP TO CALHOUN

February 5, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

As we drove from the blood doctor's office in Calhoun, Georgia, Barry said to me, "You don't have a speck of psyche, do you?"  I replied that I didn't as it had been a total surprise when the doctor told me my blood test showed that I needed a booster shot!  I knew I had been feeling poorly but for a couple of years my blood tests have been very good.  I take a daily multi-vitamin and a B12 tablet and the doctor told me to continue with that.

I've had booster shots in the past and for me the first few days after I've had the shot, I feel pretty dang bad.  But, then I begin to revive and feel great for awhile.

One reason why I feel bad is that the trip exhausts me.  As my former neighbor and friend, Genevelyn says, "There just isn't a good way to get to Calhoun from our house".  I have had an upset stomach and haven't been worth a flip since I've been home.

I'll be glad when I become more energetic and hope to feel chipper by spring, my favorite season of the year.

About that psyche bit, everything that's ever happened to me, good or bad, have been a total surprise.  I guess I just live in the present.  As Kristofferson wrote in a song, "Yesterday is dead and gone, and tomorrow never comes".

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home