Friday, March 11, 2016

MY CONFESSION

March 11, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

I have a confession to make.  I have became a chocolate chip cookie addict.  For sometime, Barry and Tam have suspected this and if they ask what I would do if I didn't have a cookie for a lunch or supper dessert, my reply is that they don't want to know, as it would not be a pretty sight!

For most of my life, I was a lover of rich desserts.  I was always a tiny person and never gained an ounce of weight.  To shorten the confession, I will sum it up by telling you as I aged I was diagnosed with diabetes type II and had become over weight.  I could no longer eat my luscious desserts.

Then, sometime ago, I discovered Ingle's bakery's chocolate chip cookies.  Later, Barry started doing the shopping and discovered toll house frozen cookies to bake at home.  So, I started eating a cookie after lunch and another one after supper.  My blood sugar remained good so I felt free to indulge myself.  Then Barry would bake the frozen cookies when we were low on Ingle's cookies.

A few times, like Friday, we ran out of the bakery cookies.  Fortunately, Tam baked a pan of the frozen cookies just before lunch, or I'm afraid I would have pitched a fit.

I've read that chocolate chip cookies are the favorite cookie of America.

Sometimes, Barry, who inherited my love for rich desserts, will eat one of them.  As I eat my cookie, I am content and satisfied.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home