Tuesday, March 29, 2016

KEEP WALKING

March 29, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

Most young, healthy people take "walking" for granted.  As I have aged, I first began using a cane.  Then, it progressed until I needed a "walker", to get around.  Now, I use a Rollator most of the time in our house.  I have two standard walkers for small, confined spaces.  Sometimes, I "fuss" at Barry and Tam because they make me use the walker and walk instead of pushing me in my wheelchair.  They tell me if I stop walking with the walker, I'll soon not be able to walk at all.  That usually stops my "fussing" as I don't want to be confined to the wheelchair.

I have had several sessions over the years with the Home Health therapists and more recently, sessions with a therapist at a gym.  I'll continue following the advice of Barry and Tam.  I certainly don't want to be unable to walk at all.  Since I'm 87, I presume I'm pretty healthy.  I guess I'm like many oldsters, I rise early and spend some of my time "dozing" in my recliner.  I read or write and watch a little TV.

In a week or so, I have a three month recheck with my primary care doctor.  I have a list of subjects to discuss with her.  The most pressing subject at the present is that I am extremely nervous for no apparent reason.  Maybe we'll find the answer at the doctor visit.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home