Monday, April 18, 2016

THE MYSTERY

April 18, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

The mystery began while Tam was cleaning out a large, metal filing cabinet in my office.  She came across a large manila envelope.  Curious, she removed a 8 X 10 photograph of myself.  It wasn't like any photograph that I had made.  She showed it to me.  I had no memory of when the picture was taken.  It was obviously made by a professional photographer.  Their was no name of the photographer on the photograph.  The reason I was intrigued was because the picture seemed to have been made when I was in my late 30's or early 40's.  I looked like a model, as the picture was air brushed erasing any imperfections I had at the time.  My hair was a light auburn and cut in a style similar to the one I have now.

When I wrote a daily newspaper column I changed the picture that appeared with my article often but I'm sure I never used this one.  Tam put the picture in a frame and placed it on top of a chest of drawers with some other pictures.  I have racked my brain, trying to remember when the picture was made.  I don't remember the clothes I was wearing in the picture.  I guess it will remain a mystery.

I recently went to my primary care doctor for my three month check-up.  I had a good report, but feel frustrated as most of my ailments are labeled "old age" with nothing to worry about.  For instant, I'm having a popping and aching in my neck, which the doctor said is due to arthritis and age, same for my knees.  My main problem currently is my nerves.  The doctor thinks it is caused by my COPD medicine that I use with my nebulizer.  I've changed the medicine and am feeling better.

Yesterday, Barry bought a large weather station for the table next to my recliner.  It displays the day of the week so I won't get confused which day it is.  I have been told other seniors have trouble remembering the day of the week when they wake up in the mornings.  We have a bunch of weather stations in different rooms in our house.  We're also a "house of clocks".

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home