Thursday, July 07, 2016

MORE DOCTOR VISITS

July 7, 2016

By Olivene Godfrey

I've been busy the past two weeks.  First, came my yearly eye exam which I told you about last week.  The exam was very tiring.  The new lenses are ready to be picked up now.  I've been using a pair of "drug store" glasses to read, and they tire my eyes.

Then, Tuesday I had my 3 month exam at my primary health care doctor's office.  Tam drove me to the office and was my "ears" as I have a problem hearing the doctor's voice.  Tam and I each made a list of my current medical problems and the doctor and her assistant gave us answers.

My major problems are constipation and as usual the doctor wanted me to take mild laxatives.  Tam explained why I cannot.  The doctor wanted me to eat more fiber.  I would love to eat fruit and salads but I am not able to because I appear to have allergies to them.  I pay dearly when I try.

A few of my problems and doctor's advice were daytime sleeping which the doctor said is typical for the elderly.  Also, I recently had a period of hallucinations which the doctor said was most likely due to near dehydration.  She said I should drink plenty of water and gator aide.  I've been drinking more which seems to be helping.  My neck and knee pain is due to arthritis.  We discussed treatments for my ailments.

My last blood test which was taken at our last visit showed my hemoglobin was just under 10 which means I'm probably eligible for a booster shot at my blood doctor's next visit.

It's awful to be old.  But, I thank God, that I'm in pretty good health.  If I hadn't smoked for many years, I might live to be 100.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (Edited and typed by Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home