Monday, May 04, 2015

THOUGHTS ON THE PAST FEW WEEKS

May 4, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

This morning, I admired the wall of trees at the edge of our front lawn.  There used to be a fence at the property line.  Over the years small saplings grew and are now huge trees.  The trees are of different species and the limbs are crooked and soar above our house.  We think the trees have character.  We live in an area the forest service designated "Windy Gap".  The wall of trees definitely keeps our house, and Barry and me, safe when the winds hit our property.  When the trees shed their leaves in the fall, we have the gorgeous view of the mountains again.

I had an enjoyable visit with Bobbi Butler, a long time friend and her friend, Candace Deal.  Candace writes a blog and also writes a column for the Georgia Writers Association's newsletter.  She interviewed me for a column for the publication.  She promised to send Tam and me a copy of the column.

Last week, Barry drove us to Calhoun for an appointment to have my blood checked.  I didn't see the doctor on that visit.  My blood work was very good.  Barry and I and the doctor, believe the good blood test is because of the high dosage B12 supplement every day.  Despite several serious health problems, the B12 keeps me feeling well most of the time.  I haven't needed a booster shot in quite a while.

I want to thank my friends, Kym and Annie for their comments on my blog.  It's rewarding for me to get feedback from the blog.

Barry went shopping yesterday for pretty flowering plants.  They look pretty on the patio.  A large red geranium is Barry's mother's day gift for me.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home