Thursday, April 23, 2015

"FIRST LOVE" MEMORIES

April 23, 2015



By Olivene Godfrey

It takes such a little whiff of memory to carry us all the way back.  Tiny things tucked here and there remind us of some place, some person, who played a special part in our lives.

We want to go forward and try new things but we think of loving faces and happy times of the past.  They were, for their time and place, happy and meaningful.  They may have changed, but so have we.

This morning I kept hearing in my ears a song from the past that goes, "Hello, young lover, I've been in love before".

I thought of my own first "romantic love" when I was a teenager.  It was a time of great feeling and deep pain.  Our parents called it "puppy love" and was not serious.  Looking back, I realize it is the combination of all that we have lived and learned that builds character and teaches us the way of life.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home