Monday, March 23, 2015

SPRING IS HERE

March 23, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

Our friend, Kym, has been counting the days until spring arrives here in Georgia's mountain country.  On the first day of spring, she sent Barry a text message that spring had arrived.  Our pear tree is covered with snow white blooms and the forsythia bushes are a brilliant yellow.  The grass is green and soon the trees will be "leafed out", and I will be thanking our Creator for our pretty country.

I was busy this past week with a doctor visit and an appointment with my hair stylist, Carrie Jackson, in Dalton.  I consider Carrie an artist when she cuts and styles my hair.  Her mother, Tam, my caregiver and much more, shampoos and sets my hair with a curling iron every week.  Her late mother was a hair stylist, too, so it seems to be a family talent.

One day last week, Tam, drove me to my doctor in Chatsworth for a check-up.  Everything tested okay.  I discussed my arthritic knees with my doctor.  On the previous visit several months ago, she gave me shots in my knees, but it didn't stop the almost unbearable pain.  The doctor suggested that I alternate aleve and tylenol arthritis for my pain.  I am starting that program today.  I am unable to take prescription pain medicine as it causes me to have severe nausea.

This week, I have a routine appointment with my eye doctor in Dalton.  And then, I think I'll be free for awhile, Lord willing.

Monday morning:  I had a restless, painful night with a bad IBS attack.  I pray I'll feel better soon.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home