Tuesday, February 17, 2015

TIRED OF WINTER

February 17, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

As I write this, winter storm Octavia, which moved across the Southeast, and the Mid Atlantic states, is having a major impact on our area.  At first, the forecast was for snow, now on Monday, warmer weather and more freezing rain and sleet is in the forecast.

Tam wasn't able to come to stay with me today because of the weather condition.  Barry prepared a snack lunch for me this morning before going to work.  He placed it in the small refrigerator in my sitting room.  It was delicious but awkward to eat in my recliner.  I should have asked Barry to bring me a TV table.

I don't feel comfortable when my daily schedule is upset, especially when Tam is unable to be here on week days.  She has a long drive to get here and I do understand why she doesn't like driving in icy weather conditions.

Tuesday.  Tam came this morning, to my surprise and delight!  The sun is shining brightly even though it's very cold.  More severe cold weather and possible snow is in the forecast for this week.  I'm so tired of it.

I don't know when I'll post a blog again, it may be a few days, due to all this bad weather.  See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home