Monday, December 29, 2014

CHRISTMAS HIGHLIGHTS

December 29, 2014



By Olivene Godfrey

Barry and I had a happy Christmas.  We had a family Christmas dinner and party at my sister, Jeanette's home in Dalton.  We exchanged names this year and everyone received a gift and it seemed to work out well.

My niece, Charlene drew my name and gave me a wonderful velvety Berber throw with a white fleece lining. It is brown and beige and feels great on chilly days.

I wear hearing aides and am needing to see my Audiologist, as I am not hearing well at all.  My sister, Jeanette, doesn't hear well either but doesn't wear aides.  Needless to say, we were yelling at each other to communicate, to the amusement of family members.

Now that I'm 87 years old, I am very nervous and was before leaving for Jeanette's house.  When I arrived I calmed down and enjoyed myself.  Jeanette and her great granddaughter, Alex, prepared the dinner which was delicious.  Alex takes good care of Jeanette.  I was stimulated at the dinner party and it took me a while to unwind when we returned home Christmas afternoon.

Barry and I had made tentative plans to go shopping at the mall on the day after Christmas.  But, I was too tired to do anything except rest in my recliner with my new throw.  One of the things I had planned to do at the mall was to buy a pair of fashionable boots.  After deep thought, I decided not to purchase boots, as I don't go out enough to wear them, and it would be a waste of money.  One of the gifts Barry gave me was a pair of black stockings that are fashionable now.  I wore the stockings Christmas day with a red and green outfit.

I am missing Tam during this long holiday and look forward to seeing her on Monday.  I know she is enjoying spending time with her family.  She gave me a bag of gifts, including a pair of light blue sweat pants.

Barry had lunch on Saturday with his long time friend, Larry.  He said he and his wife, Tara, and family had a great Christmas.

I wish for each of you a Happy New Year!  See you next time.  Comments welcome.   (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home