Monday, December 15, 2014

BUSY WEEKEND

December 15, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

As I write this, early Monday morning, I'm recovering from a busy weekend.

On Friday morning Tam drove me to Dalton to her daughter, Carrie's beauty salon.  Carrie's nimble fingers weaved their magic as she gave me a perfect haircut.  While I was at the salon, I bought a bottle of "silver" shampoo for Barry's white hair (it works wonders on my hair, too).

As I stayed busy on Saturday, I made tentative plans to go with Barry to Dalton's Western Sizzlin Sunday for his free lunch on his December 14th birthday.

For the first time in a couple of years I ate lunch in a restaurant.  The temperature outside on Sunday was in the 20's.  But, I was determined to celebrate Barry's 55th birthday at Western Sizzlin.  (Despite Barry's white hair, he doesn't look his age, so I can reveal it.)

Barry and I both ate off the buffet.  He had eaten a steak at Long Horn the previous day.  The buffet is about the only restaurant I can safely eat as they have some bland foods (my IBS can't tolerate spicy foods).  My lunch was delicious and I was careful not to over eat.  When we returned home, we both took naps.  Soon afterward our pretty friend, Kym, called to tell us she was coming for a visit.  Shortly, she arrived and she brought a tin packed with goodies she had made herself.  We enjoyed her company.  Naturally, I enjoy being around her as she's often complimenting my appearance.  (Well, gee whiz, when you're 87, you're happy to hear you don't look like an old hag.)

We still have a few more Christmas gifts to buy.  Barry and I will drive to Dalton on Christmas day for my sister, Jeanette and her family's Christmas party.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home