Tuesday, October 07, 2014

PAINFUL WEEKEND & TAM'S BIRTHDAY

October 7, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

We had a cool weekend, sort of a nip of autumn.  As I write this (Monday), the temps are warmer, with plenty of sunshine.  Our patio plants are still looking pretty except for the petunia's, which had been beautiful.  Barry carried it to the woods yesterday.  All of our tree leaves and shrubbery are still pretty and green.

I had a painful weekend.  For some time I had been using an electric heating pad on my arthritic knees.  A few days ago, I had the pad control turned up on high.  I was resting in my recliner when I felt a burning sensation.  I discovered I had burned a large spot on my left upper leg.  Later, the spot had turned into a large blister.  After suffering from the pain, Barry researched burns on the internet and said I appeared to have a second degree burn.  Today, the spot appears to be healing.  I learned a lesson - not to use the heat pad on a high setting.

Yesterday (Sunday) was Tam's birthday.  I had given her a gift and card on Friday.  She said she had a great weekend which was spent with her family.  She brought Barry and me each a piece of her birthday cake.  I am a diabetic and am allowed one dessert a week.  I haven't had a real dessert in months.  (I do eat a cookie after meals.)  Tam said the cake was made "from scratch" by her daughter, Carrie.  I look forward to eating some of it.  It is chocolate cake with chocolate icing, which is my favorite.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

P.S.  Barry and I loved the sinfully delicious chocolate cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home