Monday, September 29, 2014

MY FALL OVER THE WEEKEND

September 29, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

I fell this past Friday before supper.  I had been so careful and hadn't fallen in several months.  Since I was feeling weak, Barry brought the wheelchair for me to use.  Then he left the room briefly.  I was standing in the bedroom with my walker.  I decided impulsively and foolishly to sit in the wheelchair and wait for Barry to return.  He always puts the brakes on the chair when he parks it.  And I always check to make sure the brakes are locked before sitting down.  But, without a thought started to sit and I suddenly discovered the brakes were not locked.

I felt myself falling and I reached out to grab the foot of my bed.  The thought flashed across my mind, as I hit the floor that I'd been so careful and I should have waited for Barry.  I called out to him and he rushed back to the room.  He checked me and decided I wasn't physically hurt.  But, my trauma shook me up.  I had planned to go to Walgreen's to do some shopping and get a flu shot either Saturday or Sunday.

On Sunday morning I felt better so we went to town.  Barry and I both got our flu shot.  I was able to find every thing on my list at Walgreen's except my favorite lipstick.  I had used the lipstick for years but now the color has been discontinued.  I bought two different shades to try.  I also found the support hose that covers the entire legs instead of the knee highs I wear now.  The price was more than I wanted to pay for the hose, so when we returned home, Barry ordered a pair from Amazon for me to try wearing for a lot less cost.

I found perfect greeting cards I had wanted and several other items.  When we returned home, we ate a light lunch and rested awhile.  Then, later I watched several recorded music programs that I had missed.

Last night, I was ready for a good nights sleep.  Unfortunately, I had weird scary dreams.  But, as I write this early Monday morning while I wait for Tam to arrive, I'm feeling better.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home