Monday, October 13, 2014

THOUGHTS ON UPCOMING 87TH BIRTHDAY

October 13, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

I've been thinking about my upcoming birthday December 10th.  I will, Lord willing, be 87 years old.  This morning, while meditating before I got out of bed, I thought of how each decade of my life had brought new experiences.  I wondered if the final decade had arrived in my life.

I come from a long line of women who live to ripe old age.  My Aunt Helen lived 103 years.  I wondered if I even wanted to live that long.  For a while, I thought of the past and there were times of great joy and periods when my heart hurt and ached like a toothache.  But, somehow I survived.

I don't think I would still be alive today if it wasn't for the tender, loving care of my son, Barry, and Tam, my caregiver and personal assistant.  Then, I also each day and night, thank the good Lord, for watching out for me, and to be with me, regardless of what the next decade may bring.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home