Monday, December 08, 2014

LONG TIME FRIENDS

December 8, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

I am continuing to receive feedback from the recent newspaper article that appeared in the Dalton, Georgia's, The Daily Citizen about me.  The most recent was from a long time writer friend I hadn't heard from in years.  Her name is Bobbi Butler and we, with others, spent many nights at the former location of the Creative Arts Guild in the old Dalton Fire Station, working with each other to improve our skills.

Bobbie had some bad news, she said her adult son, Bill, who was 43, had passed away this past summer.  She said, "I have a block on everything, especially writing."  She also said, "I want to write, and you and your story are encouraging."

She wants us to stay in touch and added that she could come to see me, which would be a treat for me.  I'll start making arrangements to try to get back in touch with her as she didn't leave an e-mail address with her comments to my blog.

My first Christmas card this year was from another long time friend, Georgia Gallman, who is a talented singer.  I met Georgia when I was working for the Dalton, Georgia newspaper, and wrote an article about her singing and guitar playing.  She wrote a note on her card about the newspaper article being "awesome" and other kind words.

As I write this on a Saturday before my December 10th birthday, Barry has gone to shop for a birthday gift for me.  Since his birthday is December 14th, I told him to buy his gift from me while shopping.

With the leaves down from the trees, once again we have an ever changing view of the pretty farm next door, with the mountains just beyond.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home