Monday, November 03, 2014

UPCOMING BIRTHDAY & NEWSPAPER PHOTOGRAPHER

November 3, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

I was thinking about my 87th birthday coming up on December 10.  Suddenly, it hit me - YE GADS!  I can't be that old!  Inside my brain, I'm still young.  It's true I have aches and pains and my arthritis and IBS to bear, but 87?

I guess I'll have to accept that I'm an old lady.  And if I make it to 90, I'll throw a big party in a large building and invite everyone who wants to celebrate with me.

I talked to Barry about my plans.  He asked who will pay for a big bash like that?  I told him that I'd be like Scarlett O'Hara and think about it tomorrow.

A photographer from the Daily Citizen came out over the weekend and made a bunch of pictures of me for the article which will be published soon.  It wasn't the first time I've had pictures and articles about myself published.  But, each time I've been excited to see it in the papers.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home