Wednesday, October 29, 2014

BARRY'S COOKING

October 29, 2014

By Olivene Godfrey

I have been reading a report on electric blankets, and my mind goes to the electric blanket on my bed.  Before I retire for the night, son, Barry pre-heats my bed.  On crisp cold nights it feels wonderful to snuggle under the electric blanket and feel the heat, ensuring a comfortable experience.

After I retire for the night, Barry tucks me in and once again, I am reminded that at a certain age, the child becomes the parent.

A number of years ago, I had to give up cooking our meals.  Barry took over in the kitchen.  He has become a good cook.  He said he started cooking out of necessity.  But, now he has become more interested in preparing more dishes.  He cooks a roast with new potatoes once a week in the crock pot.  He wants to learn to cook more dishes, especially roast beef gravy.  I'm going to try to put together a recipe of making gravy that he can use.  I made it for many years, but did the cooking so often, I didn't measure anything.

He is planning his Thanksgiving day dinner now.  We always buy a butterball turkey breast.  If you follow the directions you can't go wrong.  Barry uses a food thermometer in everything he cooks, to be certain the food is fully done.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home