Monday, January 19, 2015

MORE ON COFFEE & JANUARY THAW

January 19, 2015

By Olivene Godfrey

The steroid shots my primary care doctor gave me last week hasn't stopped the intense pain in my knees.  As I write this on Sunday, I am having an electrode "TENS" treatment on my knees which gives me temporary relief from the pain.  Also, I don't have the sense of well being most people who have steroids claims to feel.

In my last blog, I wrote about enjoying drinking Starbucks coffee and several readers reported their fondness for the drink.  I wondered if they like it black or with cream and sugar.  Barry and I enjoy drinking the coffee black with a dash of one half sugar and one half Splenda.  I drank a cup this morning but won't drink the beverage again until next weekend.

We seem to be having the "January Thaw", the days around mid January when winter briefly loosens it's icy grip.  According to the information Barry printed out for me off the internet, the January Thaw is more than a piece of fanciful weather lore.  The annual averages really do show a slight temperature increase during the third week of January.

Yesterday, Barry noticed a few jonquils in our yard poking up through the earth.  That always reminds me that spring is on it's way.  The weather experts tell us we'll have more cold weather.  We can still enjoy the sunshine and warmer temps of this January Thaw.

See you next time.  Comments welcome.  (As told to Tam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home